Use Your words - Mother's Day

Today’s post is another writing challenge as well. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words are: 

candles ~ dinner ~ extra ~ stretch ~ floor ~ basket

They were submitted by
Climaxed  - thank you, Jenniy!

I will use my words to tell you about my Mother's Day.


 



Colin hat big plans and made a grocery list consisting in lots of strawberries (because really, what says Mother's Day louder than strawberries?), raspberries, blueberries, eggs, bell pepper, pineapple, sausages, blackberries, mango and spaghetti. 


So on Saturday he went to meet his Dad at the office, and the two of them went shopping.



Sunday Morning, 7am.



As soon as I had my breakfast consisting of coffee and chocolate cake (it was MY day after all) I got my first gift. A cardboard heart box, filled with dried apricots and mango slices, dipped in chocolate, made in school. Made me want to text his teacher to thank him - and to ask for some extra!



Then C went to work in the kitchen. He boiled and dyed eggs (yes, in this order)...


…cut up sausages and assembled them to the cutest smurf huts:





I was pretty floored!

It took him a looong time to make this, and I heard hubby lecturing him when he dropped an egg and thought somebody else was going to clean up the mess, and he was getting tired of this hard work, but again, nobody else was doing it for him.

Time for cocktails! "Strawberry Mimosas"! We had been talking about this for days, and it was a huge highlight of the day! 

By the way, can you detect a pattern in my kitchen accessories? A Christmas coffee mug, Santa hat stirrers, I  admit, they're a bit of a stretch, but hey, what are you gonna do?


The larger bottle is alcohol-free. Can you believe I am the only one who actually drinks? To my justification, I didn't drink the whole mini bottle. I used the leftover to make champaign risotto for dinner the next day. Yummy!

Speaking of dinner, they made pasta and heated three different sauces. 



Had I defined to use Mother's Day for my word challenge, I would have insisted to lit a candle! ;-) 

After so much yummy food I should go back to the basketball court and sweat it off. 




Instead we watched World Cup Hockey. 




We lost 7:2 against Canada but still made the quarter finals! Unfortunately the USA kicked us out a couple of days later.


I had a fantastic Mother's Day! My sweet little boy really worked hard to spoil me. Hubby even unloaded the dishwasher on Monday morning. Because what good is Mother's Day if Mom has to clean up the next day?


The best thing was that I got my no. 1 wish: not having to scold Colin all day! 

Of course the heart shaped candy holder, made at daycare, wasn't bad either!



PS: On the grocery list there were a couple of fruit and berries that I didn't mention here. He did have plans for them, but kind of ran out of time and energy. Can't blame him.

PPS: After the smurf hut success, C has more plans! He wants to open a sandwich stand. He put together a menu, complete with diffferent ingredients, sizes and prices. As for the location he is thinking "in front of daycare". Opening hours: as soon as he is done with homework, let's say 2:30pm. Who wants to buy a sandwich at this time? Ooohps!

Now go find out what my friends' words were, and what they did with them:


Baking In A Tornado 
Spatulas on Parade 
The Bergham Chronicles
The Momisodes
Stacy Sews and Schools
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
Eileen’s Perpetually Busy  
Battered Hope
Southern Belle Charm
Someone Else's Genius
Confessions of a part time working mom 
Climaxed
Searching for Sanity
Evil Joy Speaks
Disneyland in Kentucky


Comments