News for my Blog

In German we have a saying "alles neu macht der Mai" = everything is new in May. It refers of course to nature, trees blooming, kids returning to school after spring break, and in the olden days the school year started in spring.

The reason for my changing blog name and layout is that as of this week Colin (and therefore I) are entering a new chapter in our lives.

Him being accepted to his hockey team's youth program means a serious and strict weekly schedule:

Summer Training takes part in Zug wich is a good 45 minutes' drive:

  • Tuesdays 5:45 - 7:15pm at local school gym (leaving here 4:45)
  • Wednesdays 4:30 - 5:30 at local school gym (leaving here 3:30)
  • Fridays 4:30 - 6pm next to hockey arena (leaving here 3:30)

Did I mention I usually work till 5:30pm on two of those days...

I guess I will work hard to make good on my title!





So this is what I have to do as of right now:

  • Laundry and gym bag packing
  • Labelling of all his gear items
  • Quick, healthy snacks for pre and post practice
  • Sell team mascot items
  • Find a place equipped with wifi for myself - because parents are expected to stay away from training area, and especially minding their own business as opposed to yelling instructions, disagreeing with coaches, etc.


Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!




PS: There is one more reason for making a change to my blog: 
This is my 500th post! 

Also I reached 600 likes for my Facebook page. Thank you for your continued support!

Comments